Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Healthy BLT



Photos: (c) Google Images

Zamboanga City doesn't have restaurants or cafes that serves variety of food unlike in Manila, Cebu, or Davao. Usually restaurants in Zamboanga serve similar food. If restaurant A serves chicken bbq, restaurant B and C or even D serves chicken bbq too. Pizza, sandwich, Italian, American, Mexican, and other variety cuisine places are very rare to find here and if you find one, it is not that good. If you want to eat a good authentic sandwich, it will be hard to find one in the city. I travel a lot and during my traveling, I also like to eat adventurously. I love to try different kinds of cuisine and fusions. So being a foodie, sometimes I tend to crave things that are not available in the city or if it's available, it is not that good. 

There are times that I like to eat a good healthy BLT sandwich (remembering the BLT sandwich I ate during my Singapore trip... Drooling! Best BLT ever eaten!) and since there is none where I live, I make my own. All the ingredients are available at the supermarkets. The ingredients I used are:

2 slices whole wheat bread
Mayonnaise (depending on how much 
you like to put on your sandwich) 
2-3 strips of caramelized bacon
3-4 slices of tomato (depending 
on how big the tomato)
Avocado (depends on how much you like in 
your sandwich - I just love this stuff in everything)
Curly lettuce or Iceburg lettuce (you can use any lettuce you want)
Salt & pepper to taste

I hope you'll like this recipe. I love it cause its so good and healthy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Joanna Talaver. I am a part time makeup artist. I have the desire to travel the world. I like food, music and movies. I consider myself a random type of person which tends to be very sometimes. And I just started my cake business. Hope you'll find this blog interesting. Xoxo