Monday, March 12, 2018

A Casual & Cozy With Coffee Engagement Shoot



FINALLY! 
We officially did our engagement shoot or prenup shoot. To be honest, I was actually not looking forward to the day of the shoot just because every time I thought about it, it makes me really nervous because I really don't know how to pose and I was worried how the pictures will come out.

I just want to share with you my experiences during the shoot and maybe some tips and advice based on what I have experienced. 

Because I was really not looking forward for this prenup shoot, I wasn't really preparing for it like hardcore. Although I was searching for themes and the right clothes to wear, I was not really into the preparation stuff like other couples do. In fact, I started preparing for it like a week before the shoot. Haha! I know. I know that some engaged couples really prepare in advance for their engagement shoot. Some even do out of town shoots or even out of the country. And that is how it should be. 

We did our engagement shoot last March 9, 2018, that was Friday. I finally chose 3 different styles or themes for me and my Fiance's prenup shoot. And all of them involves casual styling. Meaning no glittery or lacy ball gowns, or dramatic styled location for the shoot. 

Themes:
First, was a semi casual look that we shot at our church. I wore a midi length nude or beige semi casual dress and my fiance wore a gray and white button down shirt, black pants and black suede Puma shoes. (I'll show photos when I already have it)

Second, was a at home casual look. We wore blue jeans, ripped for me, and just a navy blue top. We were barefoot (ehem! excuse my dark unflattering feet). And the only props was brewed coffee in a dusty blue (which is our wedding motif) mug. We shot at my parents house. 

Third, was a scenic overlooking nature look. It looked rustic which I love! I still don't have the photos but will show soon. I had 2 looks. First I wore a silk blush pink dress which I love and my Dewey wore a gray button down shirt with black pants. Second look, I wore a very long white jersey dress or gown, and Dewey wore a denim button down shirt with black pants and shoes.


TIP/ADVICE #1: PREPARE IN ADVANCED AND BE 100% PREPARED FOR THE SHOOT.

You really have to be prepared for the shoot because you might forget something. Like for me, for the first theme, I was not able to wear any jewelry. So I was so sad I was not wearing my engagement ring on our first location of the shoot.

TIP/ADVICE #2: SLEEP EARLY OR AT LEAST YOU ARE WELL RESTED BEFORE THE SHOOT AND PUT FOOD ON YOUR BELLY.

The day before the shoot, you have to have enough sleep because in my experience, it was physically exhausting. Maybe because we hiked a mountain for the last look. We shot the whole day. I was already up at 5:00 am because I had to pick up my makeup artist. At 7:30 am, I was already at the makeup chair. We started the shoot at 9:00 am and we finished the whole 3 themes at 6:30 pm.

TIP/ADVICE #3: DON'T BE NERVOUS AND HAVE FUN!

I was really nervous during the first 15 shots. My face was trembling while I smile to the camera. Haha! Dewey was really laughing at me cause when we face each other smiling, he can really see my mouth trembling. So just breathe, relax and enjoy the moment with your soon to be husband.

TIP/ADVICE #4: PICK THEMES THAT BEST DESCRIBE WHO YOU ARE AS A COUPLE. 

I know there are a lot of beautiful themes or looks to choose from in the internet while searching for the perfect theme for your engagement shoot, but make sure that it matches your's and your fiance's personality as a couple. For sure your photos will look natural, raw and beautiful.


I loved how the pictures turned out. Can't wait to show you more soon!

Thank you Cornerstone Photography for the beautiful prenup pictures. 
To see their amazing work, click here, https://www.facebook.com/cornerstoneweddingphoto/.


xoxo
Joanna

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Joanna Talaver. I am a part time makeup artist. I have the desire to travel the world. I like food, music and movies. I consider myself a random type of person which tends to be very sometimes. And I just started my cake business. Hope you'll find this blog interesting. Xoxo