Friday, February 23, 2018

Get BINGSUfied By BonChon


Hey guys! Last Wednesday, me, my mother and my grandmother had a bonding day and for lunch we ate at BonChon. It is actually one of my favorite chicken place if I am craving for chicken. Who doesn't love a crunchy soy glazed or spicy fried chicken right? 


Then we saw that BonChon Zamboanga City branch already have the Bingsu for dessert which made me excited because it was the first place, as far as I know, to have Bingsu. For those who don't know, Bingsu is actually the Korean version for Halo Halo. I've tried authentic Bingsu before and it was so good! The difference of Bingsu from Halo Halo is it's shaved ice. It must be super fine and fluffy.

We tried the Mango Cheesecake from BonChon. It retails for 79.00 pesos for 1 Bingsu. We ordered only 1 flavor since we thought that ordering 1 for each of us was too much.


My verdict? 
It did not meet my expectation. In my mind was like the Bingsu I tried before at a Korean Bingsu place we ate at Melaka, Malaysia. Maybe because the flavor I tried in Malaysia was the Matcha bean flavor. But the ice was super duper fine and fluffy which is good. The ice cream swirl on top was okay. The mango they had on top was not the real fruit. It was mango though but it looked like a puree or a mango glaze. I was expecting real mango cubes. The cheese cake was okay. Over all it was not the taste I was expecting. It was just okay. It was not like I-will-really-crave-for-it kind of taste. I plan to taste the other flavors because they had 4 and the other 3 were Chocolate Brownie, Matcha Vanilla, and Strawberry Cheese Cake. Maybe the other flavors are good. I'll let you guys know soon on my Instagram when I get to try it, so follow me on my Instagram.

xoxo
Joanna

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Joanna Talaver. I am a part time makeup artist. I have the desire to travel the world. I like food, music and movies. I consider myself a random type of person which tends to be very sometimes. And I just started my cake business. Hope you'll find this blog interesting. Xoxo