Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Going Blonde?

If you know Amanda Steele from YouTube, then you probably know a hair color that looks, grey, blonde, silver, purple at the same. 




(Don't you just love her hair?) When I first saw her new hair color - because she was a brunette - I completely fell in love. And at that moment I told myself, I need that hair color on my head! 

So after a few weeks of contemplating and really asking myself if I would really go platinum silver and also if I am ready to face starers - for I would probably be the only one in the city of Zamboanga having silver hair - I've finally decided that I need silver hair in my life. Of course I did research... A LOT of research. Obviously, having dark Filipino/Asian hair would really need bleach to get it lighter. Then I came across the famous amongst YouTubers & bloggers, the Wella T18, T14 and 050 Silver permanent dye. Since these products are not available in the Philippines, through my research, I found an online shop on Instagram that sells Wella and other imported hair products - mainly dyes. So I got 2 of the Wella T18 and the Clairol Shimmer Lights Purple Shampoo. 

Hair color before bleach
After 2 weeks, I'm at the salon ready to get my hair platinum silver just like Amanda Steele(hair crush). First they bleached it. After 45 mins, my hair went copper. Bleached it again (this is not advisable especially when you have thin, weak hair. Unfortunately, my hair was as strong as a horse's hair). The process was so painful because the bleach will irritate the first layer of your scalp. DO NOT bleach your hair if you have small wounds on your scalp. Let it all heal first. Then after the second bleach, still my hair was so brassy. So I had no choice but to use the Wella T18 to tone it down a little and because my head was on fire, we had to stop. Sad to say, Wella did not work on me since it only toned not all the brassiness. I had done 2 bleaching process and toned it but still far from what I wanted. My hairstylist told be to be back after 2 weeks and he told me to get the Loreal Majiblonde in the number 911 instead.


After 2 weeks I went back to the salon. They bleached my hair again, but still my hair was so stubborn. It did lighten though but not light enough. My hair started to get so dry so I told them not to bleach it anymore and just go straight to the Loreal Majiblonde 911. So after 4 hours, my hair did not turn out the way I wanted it to be but I end up liking it. There are green tones though but I think I can fix on my own. 


It's actually fun to have a hair color that's so different from what your used to brown hair/black hair. I consider myself blonde and its true that it's fun to be one. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Joanna Talaver. I am a part time makeup artist. I have the desire to travel the world. I like food, music and movies. I consider myself a random type of person which tends to be very sometimes. And I just started my cake business. Hope you'll find this blog interesting. Xoxo