Thursday, October 23, 2014

Fruit and Vegetable Juicing


My family is a very health conscious family. We are really careful on what we eat. We already cut down all junk food, we all stopped drinking sodas, bottled or processed juice, and powdered juice. We try to stop eating at fast food chains as much as possible. We all don't smoke and drink and that's a big thumbs up for us. My parents takes a bunch of food supplements and me and my brother regularly takes Ester C (vitamin C). Since juicing came out and became a new trend to stay healthy, my family started doing it too. I think we do juicing for more than a year or 2 years now. But we don't get to maintain the daily intake of fresh fruit and vegetable juice because juicing takes so much time to do and my mom sometimes gets lazy to prepare. By the way, my mom is the one who usually prepares and makes the juice. I sometimes help. Haha! So these couple of days, we are trying to make juicing a regular thing.

I read a book named The Complete Book of Juicing by Michael T Murray, N.D. It said that fresh juices provide vital proteins, carbohydrates, essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients critical to good health in one serving. When fresh fruit and vegetable juices play a key role in our diet, advantages of increased energy, strengthened immunity, reduced risk of disease, strong bones, and the glowing complexion, which are the evidence of good health can all be ours.

Juicing is not only very good for our health, its also fun and yummy! So go juice it up!


My family's fruit and vegetable juice recipe: Pineapple, carrots, cucumber, and ginger. We sometimes put in sayote, celery, apples, orange and grapes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Joanna Talaver. I am a part time makeup artist. I have the desire to travel the world. I like food, music and movies. I consider myself a random type of person which tends to be very sometimes. And I just started my cake business. Hope you'll find this blog interesting. Xoxo