Thursday, September 4, 2014

Greek Village Salad, My Own Version



Greek Village Salad

I have been looking at so many mouth watering photos of food on Pinterest for so long and I know a lot of people go to Pinterest for recipes. I made this board a week ago called "Salads". I love salads and where I live doesn't have that much places where they serve good and tasty salads -- which makes sense because we don't have supermarkets that have the complete ingredients for making a great, yummy salad. Although there's this shop called La Tienda which sells some of the ingredients but its too pricy. 

So, as I was browsing Pinterest, I found this Greek Village Salad recipe that looks so yummy and which some of  its ingredients I can find in the local supermarket. I decided to make it for next week -- the day my parents will be coming home from Davao. Davao is a place where almost everything is available (different kinds of lettuce, tomatoes, fresh herbs, kinds of cheese, etc.) unlike where I live. So while my parents were there, I asked my mom to get me some cherry tomatoes. 

I did some alterations on the recipe and it tasted so good! We had this for lunch partnered with some grilled fish. So here's my own version of the Greek Village Salad. Hope you guys like it.


Ingredients that you will need:

Any type of lettuce you prefer (Romaine, Iceburg, etc.)
Red Onion
Cherry Tomatoes or Diced Tomatoes, ripe
Peppers, red or yellow
Cucumbers
Feta Cheese

For the dressing:
1 clove minced garlic
1 tsp Oregano, dried
3 tbsp Olive oil
3 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
Black pepper -- freshly ground, Kosher salt 
& sugar to taste


You can change the measurement of the ingredients depending on your taste and how much you want. You might want to make this just for yourself or for a group of friends or family. If you want it to make it more Greek, you can put some olives.  Hope you guys will like my own version of the Greek Village Salad. 

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Joanna Talaver. I am a part time makeup artist. I have the desire to travel the world. I like food, music and movies. I consider myself a random type of person which tends to be very sometimes. And I just started my cake business. Hope you'll find this blog interesting. Xoxo