Saturday, May 14, 2016

Travel Blog: Overnight Boracay Trip



I was so happy that this year's family vacation was held at the beach. And not just any beach, its one of the most popular beaches in the Philippines, Boracay Island. For those who doesn't know, Boracay has one of the finest, powdery white sand. Its really one of a kind since its really fine and it does not get hot from the heat of the sun. So, you can actually walk all day on the white sand. Boracay is also known for being the Ibiza-ish, party island. A lot of activities and parties happening especially during the summer season. Well for me and my family, we did not go for the parties, we went for the beach because Boracay has the nicest swimming water ever. Its always nice to swim in the waters of Boracay beach. And also, they have a lot of water sports. You can just pick from banana boat, flying fish, para sailing, speed boats, paddle board, etc. You name it. 

Since we lack time when planning the vacation, we ended up staying for only 1 day and 2 nights. I know... Its a very short stay especially when your going to Boracay. But anyways, we still made the short stay an enjoyable stay. We swam the whole morning in the beautiful teal blue clear waters. We ate breakfast/lunch at the popular milk shake house, Jonah's Shake. Their omelettes are so good and I always go for their banana peanut shake or the choco banana peanut shake. Just so you guys know, this was my 3rd visit in the island. We also did para sailing and it was my first time. Actually, seeing people do it from a far doesn't seem scary at all, but when I was up high, seriously, like really high, I panicked... A LOT! I haven't been so high up in the sky ever in my life. The view was breath taking though but I really panicked and got really nauseous when I came down back to the speed boat. I immediately decided that that was gonna be my first and last para sailing. That was the most intense thing I have ever done in my entire life next to the 40 ft cliff jumping during my canyoneering experience in Bandian, Cebu. 

Then we ended the day with a nice dinner at our favorite restaurant in Boracay. Its called Aria. They usually serve Italian food like pizza, pasta, salads. And take note, their pizza is the best. Cause they cook it in brick oven. It was also my grandma's birthday so my aunt bought some cake and we ate it for dessert. It wasn't good though. Ooops! Since the oldies (haha) were already tired and resting, me and my cousins walked around, went to D Mall, and all of us got hennas. Actually the high light of the night or the day was us able to watch Up Dharma Down play live. I always wanted to see and hear them play live and I did. I enjoyed it so much! Well especially me and my brother. So I can say this 1 day, 2 nights trip ended awesome. 

So where did you go this summer? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Joanna Talaver. I am a part time makeup artist. I have the desire to travel the world. I like food, music and movies. I consider myself a random type of person which tends to be very sometimes. And I just started my cake business. Hope you'll find this blog interesting. Xoxo