Thursday, August 21, 2014

Bangkok & Chiang Mai, Thailand 2013 (Family Vacation & 52ndAMF)




July or August is the month that I always look forward to since I started attending the Asian Mission Forum last 2012. Why? Because I get to travel overseas with my family. That includes my Grandparents, my Dad's brother and now, also brother's girlfriend which started attending just last year 2013. This yearly trip-I hope so-is not only a family vacation where we just chill at the hotel, eat some good food, stroll around or swim in the pool. It also involves spiritual activities for spiritual growth. We get to meet new people and make new friends all over the world. We get to hear good and encouraging messages from Keynote speakers and we get to attend breakout classes which we can also learn a lot. Asian Mission Forum is an event or conference we attend every year where all missionaries all over Asia meet up and have fellowship. Now a days, not only Asian missionaries attend but also their families, friends, church members and even interns from Christian schools in the US also attend this conference. 

Well because me and my family get to travel overseas for the AMF-yes we do like traveling-me and my family do a lot of sight seeing, local food tasting, and all those touristy stuff. Ya know what I mean. :) Me and mom likes to try new things, do new things and see new things. So my mom usually do the planning, like where to go, where to eat, etc.. etc.. 

Last Asian Mission Forum 2013-I know... Sorry for posting so late-we went to Thailand. AMF was held in Chiang Mai for 5 days. We also stayed a couple of days in Bangkok before we flew back to the Philippines. It was my first time in Thailand which made the trip more exciting. Excitement to see Thailand was the best feeling to cover up my post-terrible-breakup-syndrome at that time. Thailand was beautiful. The malls were huge and some were cool looking. The traffic in Bangkok was like in EDSA, Philippines and for me I think it was worse. But what I love the most was the food. Pad Thai!!! Writing this and remembering the authentic Pad Thai just made me drool. :)) I had so much fun in Thailand with my awesome family. Don't you just love traveling with your family? I DO! Nothing beats that! There were still a lot of things in Thailand that I was not able to do though like riding an elephant, trying the Thailand beaches-I they're beautiful too-the floating market, watch live Muai Thai fight and visit some other cool temples. If given the chance to go back to Thailand again, I would. 


Bangkok, Thailand travel pictures to be continued... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Joanna Talaver. I am a part time makeup artist. I have the desire to travel the world. I like food, music and movies. I consider myself a random type of person which tends to be very sometimes. And I just started my cake business. Hope you'll find this blog interesting. Xoxo